Monday, December 18, 2017

Making Snow

Here in Texas, snow doesn’t fall often. My kids always want to play with snow so I decided to try my hand at homemade snow.



In the past, I have purchased a snow mix on Amazon. It was great but kind of pricey and didn’t make much. I like the homemade so much better!

I made a video you can watch to see my process (you can also hear how much my daughter wants to help! lol) but I will also tell you how to make it below!



First, grab some baking soda and cheap hair conditioner. If you are an Amazon Prime person, you can grab these from my link. Of course, any grocery store has them too!



For every 3 cups of baking soda, it takes 1/2 cup of conditioner. Make sure you get WHITE conditioner!

Add as much baking soda as your bag holds (measuring it out in cups.) Mine has 7.5 cups (approximately) so I used 1.25 cups of conditioner. However, after mixing...I added about another 1/4 of a cup of conditioner.

Mix it all together. If it is too powdery...you can add more conditioner!



The snow is wet and cold feeling! It is also very moldable.



Kids can mold it, build with it, or you can use it as a sensory bin! It smells wonderful too!



It is a tad messy but dusts and washes right off! I would suggest putting a towel under your bucket though for any excess the kids dump out! :)



We certainly enjoyed doing this! I am glad to give them a little experience with snow, even if it is homemade!

No comments:

Post a Comment