Sunday, April 9, 2017

Edible PEEPS Play Dough!

Are your children obsessed with play dough? Mine are. It is played with daily at our house by both of our kiddos! I am always looking for new and fun recipes to make play dough (even though store bought works just fine!) lol. My kids love to make things though, so making play dough is always one of my favorites!

I was trying to think of something Easter themed to do today with the kids...so of course I went to Pinterest. I saw a fun recipe for PEEPS play dough! I would link the blog(s) but I ended up using a variety from different blogs...but fear not, searching "PEEPS Play Dough" will work too!


Here are the ingredients you will need: 
  • 1 pkg. of PEEPS (any color)
  • Powered Sugar
  • Coconut Oil

I am a huge advocate for getting the entire work station ready before sitting the kids down. If you don't, you will be pestered to the point of no return! So, I got everything ready before I even told the kids what we were making. 

The process is simple. Take 5 PEEPS and put them in a glass bowl. (I did 5 PEEPS in each bowl, so both my son and daughter could make their own.) Add in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to each bowl.


Microwave the PEEPS for 15 seconds (or until they expand.)


Begin mixing the oil (which will be melted) and the PEEPS together. Slowly add in a tablespoon at a time of powdered sugar. 

NOTE: It took me about 5 tablespoons per bowl, but add it a little at a time to see if that amount works for you. The rule is simple though--if the consistency is too stiff, add more oil...if it is too greasy, add more powered sugar! :) Have the kids mix, mix, mix. 


After it is mixed most of the way, the kids can take it out of the bowl and mold with their hands. It can be a bit greasy, if that bothers you, simply put is on a paper towel and push it around a few times. The paper towel will soak up the oil. 

At this point, it is play dough...and it is edible! My kids didn't eat it, but it can be eaten! :) Mine just loved rolling it, squishing it, and using cookie cutters to cut out shapes! The possibilities are endless! 


You can use different colors such as pink or blue...our Wal-Mart did not have these colors, therefore I just did yellow! My kids loved it so much though that I will do it with the other colors later! 

So, thanks for taking a PEEP at this recipe (lol, I know...very punny huh?) womp. Hope you have a great week!

Hillary












No comments:

Post a Comment