Friday, April 21, 2017

Earth Day Sugar Cookies!

Earth Day is here! Well, tomorrow actually...but for once, I am ahead of the game. Tonight we ventured out and made Earth Day Sugar Cookies! I was skeptical to say the least about these because every recipe I found for "Earth Day Cookies" called for some weird ingredient. I decided to improvise (which in the kitchen...usually ends in a disaster for me) but these turned out great!


First, I followed this Sugar Cookie Recipe because it has NEVER let me down. I made the dough, just as she states. Follow it exactly! It is easy! I just omit the almond extract (because I never have it.) lol. but it is like she reads my mind...because she states that you CAN omit it! Whohoo!

Then, after you have the dough made...just simply split the batch into two sections. I used rubber gloves for this next part but you do not have to. Add in green food coloring to one dough section and blue food coloring to the other dough section. Knead the dough until it is the desired color.


Now, in hindsight...I would make the blue section much bigger...I ran out of blue and had a lot of green left that I just tossed. Oh well, we still ended up with a ton of cookies! No harm done!

Next, roll the dough into small balls and place on parchment paper (on a baking sheet.) 


Then cook as directed in the original recipe. (350 degrees for 6-8 minutes.) Again though...I cooked mine for about 11 minutes. I am not sure why that worked better...maybe the food coloring had something to do with it. Anyway, I would recommend cooking them around 11 minutes. :)


And there you have it! Earth Day Cookies! And holy cow...they taste amazing (if I am allowed to say that.) I really can't take credit...the sugar cookie recipe is the best!! 

So tomorrow we will do some fun crafts and eat some cookies! If you want to see more of my crafts in action with my kiddos...head over to my instagram and and facebook page! Have a great Earth Day!

Until Next Time,
Hillary



No comments:

Post a Comment