Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles!

Olivia has become very interested in cars and trains lately. I decided it was the perfect time to do a "transportation theme" for our weekly activities.


We started off the week with two really great books! Curious George On the Go and On the Go! I highly recommend both of these books for toddlers. They are interactive, inexpensive, and really fun for little ones!


Next we worked on our numbers (1-5) with this Numberline Train! Olivia loved putting the numbers in order, and naming the numbers. She can say all of her numbers (1-5) now!


Next we got really messy (but clean at the same time??) lol. Have you ever used shaving cream to clean your counter-tops? Sounds weird, but it is amazing! Now, I don't actually use it as a cleaner, but it did help clean my counter when Olivia was playing with it! 


I just squirted shaving cream, smeared it around, then let her run toy cars through it. 30 minutes at least of pure fun! She loved this! She made car noises and a mess! It was perfect!

Snack time came next and it was easy and yummy! Graham crackers, peanut butter, and M&M's! She gobbled it up! And note, it looks like traffic lights. :) 


Road Shapes from Mrs. Plemon's Kindergarten Blog were a huge hit too! My son loved them also! These were so easy to print, cut, (I laminated, but you do not have to) then just let the kids play! Oh the car noises! So cute! We talked about the shapes and she can identify most of her shapes, but a few were still too hard. 


Outside we go! We only had a few pretty days this week but sidewalk chalk was a must. We drew all kinds of things but we talked about red light, yellow lights, and green lights!


Here is another fabulous idea from Mrs. Plemon's Blog! These Melissa and Doug Reusable Sticker Books are AMAZING! We used them all of the time when Rex was little but I had forgotten all about them! They have all different kinds but I got the vehicle one!


These are great for fine motor skills and I love how she can peel them up over and over again!

Lastly, we finished up with boats! I ordered these Alex Toys Magnetic Boats! Super cute, and with a little blue food coloring, it looked like the boats were really in the ocean. :) Water bins are always one of my favorites! It is great for her sensory skills and she has so much fun! 


I have had a lot of questions about what my day is like with Livi. Believe me when I say, this stuff only takes about 1.5 hours a day. I do not "school" her all day. :) I do these things because I know they are good for her, it helps her learn, and gives us quality time together to interact! I love all of your sweet responses and questions. I am happy to share anything I have with you! 

I hope you have a wonderful week!
Hillary
















No comments:

Post a Comment