Friday, December 15, 2017

Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little more. 

Tonight we will be watching The Grinch! I have always loved watching The Grinch and to my surprise...my son (age 6) has never seen it. I’m fairly certain we watched it when he was a baby...but otherwise...I have CLEARLY dropped the ball. Lol. 

In honor of our movie night, I decided to try my hand at some Grinch Cookies I saw online. It was much easier than I expected and the kids loved helping! 


First, I used the sugar cookie recipe from Katrina’s Kitchen! It is THE BEST! 


I made the dough according to her instructions. 


Then I added 20 drops of green food coloring and prepared my parchament paper to roll the dough! 


Next, we rolled the dough and cut out big hearts!


After all of the big hearts were cut out, we cut out small hearts in the middle of the big hearts. 


Finally, we added cherry Jolly Ranchers to the center.


Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes! 


Allow them to cool completely before moving them! We also baked the small hearts from the center of the cookie. Yum! 

We are all ready for our Grinch night! 


No comments:

Post a Comment